Thursday, January 28, 2010

a glimpse

a glimpse of the future

It is almost 9am and I am home alone. I slept in and rushed through getting the kids their breakfast, dressed and off to school. Although I am a Dental Assistant, I managed not to enough time to have the kids brush their teeth. Shame on me!

I watched them climb on the bus and hurried home to tidy my cabin. The thing about living in my cabin is that it can look really really messy and only take a little bit to clean.

So I washed my dishes, tidied our living area space and was off to dust and vacuum before starting laundry. And all who know me, know how much I hated laundry! So I figured it was a good time to blog. I have left my laundry so long that I now have 2 big baskets to fold and put away, plus all the laundry from this week to wash,fold and put away. Even writing about it makes me scrunch my face. I was feeling very overwhelmed on Monday and I am starting to get that feeling again. I should have folded it on Sunday or as it came out. My mom is always trying to tell me to do it like that and it wouldn't be so bad, but like a good daughter, I ignored that advice and now I am kicking myself for the work I am going to have to do.

So, my glimpse at the future is... The days that I can take my kids to school, do 1 load of laundry ( folded and put away RIGHT away!), and be able to have some quiet time. Some time to help in their school. Not being exhausted at the end of my day but having energy to do school work with them, take them to the park, play on the trampoline. To plan and cook a good supper. And although it is coming soon, I am thankful for this little glimpse from an unexpected day off. AND NOW I should quit delaying and go do my chores..... that is the best word for laundry:( ...so I can enjoy the rest of this great day!

1 comment:

  1. Good Job Hun!! I look forward to the day you tell me you did the laundry and put it away!! haha

    ReplyDelete