Many years ago, I heard this song by Paul Brandt and it made me smile and cry. I instantly thought of Don as we were barely making ends meet and had a new baby girl. Don was a little offended at the "I look in the mirror and don't see much, fashion sense out of touch". But the rest of it fit our family perfectly. Now years later, we are back in that position with Don going to school and me working. I heard this song and thought of our family and although I have had a hard month or so, this song made me smile and reminded me how rich I am.
And as I wrote the lyrics, I was reminded of my own parents struggling through some tough times as I was a child but how much I always felt loved and secure. My parents passed on the truth about how much "wealth" is out there besides the numbers on the paycheck.
RICH MAN by Paul Brandt
I look in the mirror and don't see much
Fashion sense is a little out of touch
The house is run down as the bills pile up
But I am a rich man
The breakfast table, the morning rush
Sometimes it seems we barely have enough
But if its true that all you need is love
Then I'm a rich man
When she smiles and then calls me daddy
all the worries of the world just seem to fade away
I'm alive and I know what matters
If this is all I ever have well that's ok
cause I'm a rich man
Say everymorning and a brand new day
with each and every single breath I take
I'm blessed and I'm thankful
I've got it made
Oh I'm so glad life turned out this way
I have loved, I've been loved
Show me someone else with as much as me
I'm proud to say I'm a rich man
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
almost made me tear up...
ReplyDeleteyou have a good attitude, Ang!
That is Great Bun of Steal!!
ReplyDeleteThis is sooo good Angie, we are such rich people. The Lord has been so good and blessed us soo much. yes it is hard to think about how things come together, but that is the neat thing when we look back and see how blessed we are. WE ARE RICH!! This was soo good.
ReplyDelete